Features of Pipe Conveyors
Pipe Conveyors offer the most competitive option to Conventional Trough Belt Conveyors.
Tied for many years under a patent contract, the Pipe Conveyor developed a reputation for high capital cost with associated high spares and maintainence costs.
Also the difficulties with maintaining and controlling the pipe shape and position made the conveyor a low availability risk.
With the lapse of the patent rights throughout the world, other players realising the enormous potential of the conveyor entered the market.
The result today is the introduction of a spillage free transportation system targeting The Environmentally conscious users in the world.
When compared to conventional conveyors a pipe conveyor can offer the following :-
- Spillage Free Transportation
- No build up on idlers
- Can negotiate tight horizontal and vertical curves
- Can elevate vertically 50% more than conventional conveyors
- Has excellent belt edge damage control
- Unaffected by wind and rain thus requires no covers
- Reduced structural costs by eliminating walkways
- Cost effective in comparison to conventional conveyor with one or more transfers.
Figure 1 above shows the latest development in idler layout.
It shows 3 idlers placed on either side of the support frame compared to Figure 2 below which has all 6 idlers on one side. We observe the following :-
- Overlap of the idlers as in Fiqure 1 eliminates the possibility of belt damage as indicated in Figure 2
- Single Training idler to control empty belt rotation.